Thanks again to our great speakers at last week’s OpenCSR breakfast briefing. You can see the slides here.
Carrina Gaffney from Volans emphasised the need for innovation to lead Breakthrough Capitalism. Helping companies to integrate environmental, social and governance concerns into their business models and evolve beyond Change as usual.
Miriam Turner and Jon Khoo from Interface explained their use of open innovation to build social benefit into their products.
• How they have learned from projects that haven’t succeeded.
• How pursuing not for loss/for profit projects has helped them build internal support.
• How working with a wide range of collaborators has helped the Net-Works programme.
For our next breakfast briefing on July 18th we’ll be hearing how www.veja.fr are building social and environmental sustainability into the fabric of their shoes and accessories.
• Innovating with small farmers in Brazil to produce the cotton and rubber they need.
• Working with ethical manufacturing partners in Brazil to make the shoes
• Working with social employers to distribute their stock in the EU.